Thousands of tickets to cultural events and venues across Bristol and Bath will be discounted for 24 hours only tomorrow (Wednesday 15 January).
The Culture Flash Sale returns to the region from 10am tomorrow until 10am on Thursday 16 January, with tickets slashed for shows, events, exhibitions, workshops, gigs, talks and plays from over 30 arts organisations and venues.
The 12th edition of the sale sees 35 organisations across the two cities taking part, co-ordinated by the Bristol Arts Marketing Network in co-operation with Arts Marketing Bath, Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations Project, Visit Bristol and Visit Bath.
Mr Brunel of Bristol’s SS Great Britain has even jumped on board as an ambassador for the sale – popping up across the two cities to promote the offer.
The initiative aims to provide an affordable way to access arts and culture, stimulate interest and sales in events and exhibitions across the region, and encourage people to take a punt on something new while grabbing a bargain and beating the January blues.
A full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers can be found on the Visit Bristol website at www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale. All the deals are also listed on www.visitbath.co.uk/flashsale and www.gobathbristol.com. Keep up with the latest on the day using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale on Twitter.
- American Museum & Gardens – are offering 20% off memberships purchased on the day of the flash sale
- Bath Philharmonia – 30% off limited number of tickets to Mariam Batsashvili plays Tchaikovsky
- Bath Box Office – A host of deals including 2-4-1 on The Navy Lark, 50% off limited number of tickets to Laura van der Heijden & Bath Philharmonia and 20% off The Handful – Revolution
- Bath Festivals– An amazing 20% off very limited number of tickets for John Grant + Teddy Thomson, 20% off very limited number of tickets to see Rachel Parris, 20% off limited number of tickets for The Complete Beethoven String Quartets and 20% off limited number of tickets to Beethoven: The Man Revealed with John Suchet.
- Roman Baths – £10 off tickets to Roman Rescue – a new take on the escape room, solve clues and puzzles to escape!
- Bath Spa Productions – Discounts on shows including Shining, Bath Abbey Choral Concert and Carmen
- Komedia Bath – have a heap of offers, including 20% off for groups fo 6+ to Drag Bingo with Charlie Hides, 20% off to Josie Long: Tender and 2-4-1 tickets to The Fleetwood Mac Songbook
- Rondo Theatre – 25% off a host of shows including Quentin Crisp: Naked Hope, Savage, Buzzing, Dirty Bath and loads more!
- The Edge – 2 for 1 on Curator-led Roundtable Discussion with complimentary drinks, plus 10% off dance courses
- Wiltshire Music Centre (Bradford-on-Avon) – A whopping 50% off tickets to 12 shows including Syrian group Maya Youssef Trio, all-female highlands folk band FARA and Jazz experimenters Empirical / Gwilym Simcock
- Theatre Royal Bath – are offering limited £25 tickets for the Tony & Olivier Award winning comedy of middle class parenting God of Carnage
- Ustinov Studio – Half price tickets to five shows including Peter Duncan in the humorous journey inside the fragile mind of a seasoned pantomime entertainer The Dame, cinematic dance piece Within This Dust and the world premiere of latest FLYBOY adventure Matthew Robins’ NICE
- Aerospace Bristol – 2 tickets for £25 to Innovation, Aviation and Celebration: A Concert Under the Wings of Concorde celebrating more than 100 years of aviation engineering in Bristol
- Arnolfini – 50% off a range of events including screenings of classic silent films Der Golem and Battleship Potemkin with live accompaniment, as well as the performance of time-travelling monologue in Forced Entertainment’s To Move In Time
- Bristol Improv Theatre – 25% off 11 improv theatre events including Adventures of the Improvised Sherlock Holmes, regulars The Bish Bosh Bash, and This Is Your Musical, plus 2-4-1 on Tales of Adventure
- Bristol Old Vic – 20% off a limited number of tickets to 11 shows including the Emma Rice directed Wise Children production Romantic’s Anonymous, the Wardrobe Ensemble’s The Last of the Pelican Daughters, plus a range of Slapstick Festival events.
- Colston Hall – 30% off limited tickets to 20 gigs in the Colston Hall Presents series taking place across Bristol including cross-genre icons CocoRosie at Trinity Centre, soul-pop innovator Andreya Triana at The Exchange and neo-classical experimenters A Winged Victory for The Sullen at Trinity Centre, plus loads more.
- Bristol International Jazz & Blues Festival – 25% off Bond in Concert, Gilad Atzmon’s Charlie Parker 100 and China Moses
- Bristol SU Live, Anson Rooms – 25% off Welcome to Night Vale, plus 20% off Dutch symphonic rockers Delain and the Proper Jokes Comedy Club ft. Fiona Ridgewell, Mike Cox and Jake Lambert.
- Bristol Cathedral – 30% off tickets to South West Silents’ screening of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari with live improvised organ accompaniment, celebrating 100 years since the film’s release
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain – Celebrate 50 years of the SS Great Britain back home in Bristol with a whopping 50% off the Lates programme for 2020. Soak up the summer harbourside sun with music and a drink on deck
- Festival of Ideas – 25% off talk Ziya Tong – The Reality Bubble: What Are We Not Seeing? on some of the big misconceptions in the world and how we can address them
- Knowle West Media Centre – A host of offers including £5 off the Make your own laser-cut jewellery course, £15 off textile design course Colour, Pattern, Surface; plus book a free behind the scenes exhibition tour and receive a free CD by local artist Kala Chng – electro-pop with a Chinese twist
- Mayfest – 20% off 4 incredible Mayfest shows including Bryony Kimmings’ I’m A Phoenix, Bitch – a new legend of female empowerment and inner strength – plus Pandora, Oh Mother and Sex Education
- MShed – 30% off full price tickets to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, plus 30% off the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2020 Calendar
- Puppet Place – Get 10% off when you book for both The Art of Animatronics Workshop, a 2 day workshop designed to introduce the fundamentals of animatronics, and The Neutral Puppet Workshop, introducing the core principles of puppetry
- Royal Photographic Society – range of offers including 25% off workshops The Art of Seeing and Night Photography in Bristol, plus limited £10 tickets to the sold out screening of Bait with Q&A
- RWA – 50% off entry to exhibitions Africa State of Mind, Refuge and Renewal: Migration and British Art and Tuesday Tours of major exhibitions, plus £3 off After Hours at RWA including free drink
- Spike Island – Book a free curator-led exhibition tour of Pacita Abad’s Life in the Margins (suggested £5 donation), plus 50% off books in the Spike Island shop
- St George’s Bristol – 20% off over 40 concerts, a huge selection across the 2020 season
- The New Room / John Wesley’s Chapel – 25% off Folk at the New Room gigs by Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith, and The Hut People plus 2-4-1 on Wes Talks: Another Planet? exploring the future of the natural world with nature writer and producer Mary Colwell
- Theatre Orchard (Weston-Super-Mare) – 50% off tickets to Dance Dynamic: Venus – a combination of contemporary dance, confessional performance and comedy, as well as Dance Dynamic: Louder is not Always Clearer
- Tobacco Factory Theatres – a range of fantastic discounts on tickets across the new season. Offers include 25% off selected ticket bands for its new co-production of Edward Albee’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, dance theatre production Return To Heaven from Mark Bruce Company and final performances of the fantastically received, joyful Snow White.
- Watershed – 20% off tickets to major film releases now screening including Sam Mendes’ war epic 1917, Taika Waititi’s JoJo Rabbit and Greta Gerwig’s Little Women
- We The Curious – 20% off tickets to After Hours: Sex – a different kind of Valentine’s for friends as well as lovers, an evening just for grown-ups with some intriguing activities around the science of sex.
For a full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale, www.visitbath.co.uk/flashsale or www.gobathbristol.com.
The 24-hour Culture Flash Sale takes place for 24 hours only from 10am on Wednesday 15 January until 10am on Thursday 16 January. Offers are limited – once they’re gone, they’re gone – so act fast.