The Bath Business Improvement District (BID) is an independent, not-for-profit business-led company working to provide the environment for businesses in Bath to succeed. Because of the type of company the Bath BID is, we are required by law to ballot our Levy Payers every five years. This allows businesses to collectively choose to invest in the city via the Business Improvement District and provides businesses with the opportunity to craft and shape the future growth and development of Bath.
- Introduction to Bath BID III
- Bath BID Business Plan 2021–2026
- Our Purpose
- Governance and Finances
- Our Projects
- Key Dates
- How to Vote
- Find Out More
Introduction to Bath BID III
Despite the challenging circumstances presented by COVID-19, the Bath BID continues to plan for our third five-year term, which will begin in April 2021. A lot has changed in the ten years that the BID has been operating; it is a privilege to serve the city of Bath and we are enthusiastic about delivering the next phase of our work and building on the successful partnerships we have already formed.
Bath BID III will see a continuation of our key purpose, which is to improve the environment for businesses in Bath. It is our ambition to build on the excellent foundations of the last ten years, in providing a welcoming, safe and clean city. We will support the city in its recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and to ‘build back better’, using strong place management principles, which create increased pride in the city as a place to be enjoyed by local residents and visitors alike, and in which businesses are supported to flourish.
The challenges faced in Bath city centre are complex, and the pace of the changes impacting the city has been accelerated by the pandemic. The Bath BID is well-placed to help deal with the challenges and support positive change through comprehensive and innovative partnership programmes that improve the public realm, help tackle environmental issues, make the best of development opportunities, increase the profile of the city as a place to do business, and improve the quality of life for the people who use the place. Our key aim is to improve our area for the benefit of its users, making it more accessible to more of the communities surrounding Bath and to reflect the principles at the heart of place management – the process of making places better.
Bath BID Business Plan 2021–2026
The Bath BID works with over 680 businesses and non-Levy Payer contributors, working in partnership with you to make your business more successful and support a better managed city.
The Bath BID is one of 328 BIDs across the UK and Ireland, which collectively deliver over £130 million of investment and improvement into towns and city centres.
Our mission is to deliver in four key areas:
A Welcoming City
For your staff and customers, visitors, clients, tourists, and our local community.
- Providing cleaning and security services.
- Investing in the public realm and tackling empty shops.
- Providing an enthusiastic team of volunteer Welcome Ambassadors
- Promoting businesses and events in the city.
A Smart City
Using technology to enhance our understanding of the city’s performance.
- Providing footfall and related business intelligence, which supports businesses to make informed decisions on investments in the city, recruitment and campaigns.
- Measuring the impact of events and activities.
- Supporting Bath’s regional and local partners with preparations for longer-term city placemaking.
A Connected City
Bringing together our business partnership of 680 local businesses.
- Seeking opportunities for Bath businesses to work together for mutual benefit – collective purchasing, shared events, local associations and collaborative activities.
- Proactively reaching out to the local community to improve the connections between residents and the city’s businesses.
A Successful City
A programme of work to create the environment for businesses to succeed.
- Promoting the Bath brand to deliver targeted footfall growth.
- Supporting inward investment with information and support.
- Working with training and skills providers to create business opportunities.
- Seeking external funding and sponsorship for new work in Bath.
Governance and Finances
The BID represents 680 business properties that operate within the city centre in the BID designated area.
Businesses are represented both in their area and business type by a diverse Board of Directors. For Bath BID III, the Board will continue where possible to have a diverse representation across geography and business type, but will reduce to 12 to enable more effective decision-making.
Alongside our Management team, the BID will continue to employ its own team of Rangers and will add to our presence on the streets with new city-centre Marshals as part of the Bath Business Against Crime partnership project. The team will be resourced efficiently, ensuring our overheads remain under 20% of our total expenditure, in line with BID best practice.
As we are entering the five-year period at a difficult time for businesses, we plan for scaled back operations in year one to allow us to offer a reduced rate of BID levy in that year. We will recoup the difference over the remaining four years, so that over the five-year term, the overall rate will amount to less than 1% per year.
The Bath BID levy threshold will remain at £25,000 RV. Our current rules exclude charities apart from retail. We propose to remove the exemption for cultural attractions and offices belonging to educational establishments.
We will continue to offer a voluntary Levy Payer arrangement for businesses below the threshold or outside the area, to enable businesses to benefit from the security radio or trade waste operations. For practical reasons, Ranger and Marshal services cannot be offered outside the BID boundary.
Going into the Bath BID III, we will continue our Brilliant Basics:
- Free responsive and planned cleaning (working alongside Bath & North East Somerset Council to boost services to businesses).
- Trade waste discount.
- Provision of business intelligence.
- City promotion, events and campaigns.
- Welcome Ambassadors.
Additionally, we will further develop:
- Trade waste management and cost savings – a new sustainable partnership to include food waste.
- Increase ‘Tap to Donate’ opportunities to address antisocial and aggressive begging.
- Stronger partnership working with the Council, WECA and organisations responsible for managing physical change and development in the city.
- Develop our Welcome to Bath website, promoting events, special offers and job vacancies.
- Proactive solutions to improve the streetscape and tackle empty shops.
We are also creating the following new projects for Bath BID III:
- Daytime Security Marshals – providing a cost-saving seven-day-a-week security support to all businesses in the city.
- Free training opportunities for staff.
- A new independent business partnership.
- Externally funded projects – seeking investment for the city.
- A programme of campaigns, networking and social activities to build links between different sectors in the city and make Bath a great place to work.
- January 2021 – Bath BID Business Plan launched
- 29th January 2021 – Ballot voting begins
- 25th February 2021 – Ballot voting closes
- 26th February 2021 – Ballot result announced
How to Vote
Here are the simple steps that you need to follow to vote for the Bath BID:
- You should receive one ballot paper for each property that you are eligible to vote for by post. If you do not receive your ballot paper, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check that each ballot paper has its own return envelope.
- Complete the ballot paper by putting a cross (X) beside your choice to retain the Bath BID for a further five years or not.
- In block capitals, write your name and position in your business, and sign your ballot paper.
- Each ballot paper must be returned in its own separate envelope.
- Return your completed ballot paper(s) by post, in the pre-paid envelope provided.
Find Out More
If you’d like to find out more, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.