- To develop communications, campaigns, events and projects for the Bath BID Company.
- To ensure the purpose and vision of the Bath BID Company is well understood and communicated to all stakeholders by providing an exemplar in-house media communications service.
- To develop and deliver campaigns and events which will enhance Bath’s profile as a business destination, grow customer dwell-time and spend and deliver a balanced year-round economy.
- To develop partnerships with key stakeholders to promote the goals of the Bath BID Company and its Levy Payers.
- To manage the BID’s Welcome to Bath (welcometobath.co.uk) project.
The Bath BID Company is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, funded by all business rate payers in the centre of Bath, with a rateable value over £25,000 and works with over 650 businesses.
The Purpose of the Bath BID is to enable businesses in Bath to succeed by delivering against our aims:
- To deliver first-class city centre management and improve the public realm.
- To drive positive footfall, encouraging repeat visits and longer stays.
- To create opportunities to save costs and get better results.
- To help tackle environmental issues.
- To make the most of development opportunities.
- To increase the profile of the city as a place to do business and stimulate engagement and collaboration for those businesses who are already here.
- To improve the experience of people who use the city – residents, workers and visitors.
- Marketing and communications, external and internal via newsletters, website management, social media and face-to-face meetings and networking.
- Maintaining the strong reputation of the Welcome to Bath website and delivering commercial growth.
- Designing marketing collateral (we use the Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Liaison with Levy Payers.
- Budget management of assigned areas of the business plan.
- Working effectively with colleagues and partner organisations to avoid duplication and maximise impact.
- Providing an in-house PR service: press releases and support for press enquiries and TV and radio appearances.
- Overseeing the website and reporting on data analytics.
- Responding to any questions or queries from Levy Payers and partners to increase awareness of the Bath BID Company.
- Three years’ experience in communications and marketing.
- Experience of running marketing campaigns and developing social media channels.
- Competence in the Adobe Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good teamwork, adaptability and creativity.
- Experience of working with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, WordPress, InDesign and CRM systems.
- Experience within the charity and not-for-profit sector.
- A good local knowledge of Bath.
- To lead communications activities for the organisation and be responsible for delivering an in-house communications resource.
- To ensure the smooth running of the BID digital platforms, BID social media engagement and campaign development.
- To create publicity materials (print and digital) to promote Bath and its businesses.
- To work as a member of a small commercially focused team.
Your performance will be measured against targets jointly agreed at the beginning of each year and reviewed half yearly aligned to the company business plan.
37.5 hours per week over five days. It will also be necessary for the post-holder to work such hours outside these periods as are necessary for the proper fulfilment of the duties described, such as occasional weekend and evening duties.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Bath BID Values:
Commitment to Excellence: a belief that everything we do must be of the highest standard.
Honest and Open: we will proactively engage with and listen to our partners seeking opinion and ensuring understanding of our ambitions and approach.
Respect and Trust: all of our actions will demonstrate a respect for the views of others and the integrity of our approach. We will treat people and issues with fairness and equality at all times.
The job description is a guide the nature of the work required but does not form part of the contract of employment. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and does not preclude change or development which may be required in future.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £33,000.00-£36,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Marketing: 3 years
Apply directly by sending your CV with a letter explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post, by sending an email to Nick.Bishop@bathbid.co.uk
Closing Date: 29th August