The Bath BID are looking to recruit an Assistant Ranger. The core of the Bath Business Improvement District’s activities is our Ranger service. Our small team of Rangers provide a much-appreciated service for city centre businesses, helping to keep the city fresh and welcoming to visitors. Operating seven days per week, they provide planned and responsive cleaning and light maintenance work across the Business Improvement District (within the city centre boundary).
The Ranger team plays a vital role in keeping the city looking presentable. Much in demand, they are constantly applauded for their efforts. They work closely with business owners, landlords, the Council, other authorities and festival organisers and are unsung heroes in keeping the city running smoothly.
Contract length: Five months
Salary: £9.13 per hour
Working Hours: A typical shift is 9am to 5:30pm.
The Ranger team is a vital part of what we do and we are growing the service. We’re looking for new recruits to join us, with good people and practical skills, as well as an enjoyment of the outdoors.
The range of tasks the Rangers carry out on a regular basis includes algae removal, jet washing, deep cleaning, general maintenance, city centre floral management, graffiti removal, hot washes, waste removal, anti-social mess removal, signage and canopy clean and the Rangers put up gazebos and promotional banners in the streets. The team also monitors trade waste collections and helps to keep Bath free of rubbish.
In the summer, they get involved with looking after some of Bath’s blooms, hanging baskets and planters. Over Christmas and during city events, they work closely with event operations.
The postholder should:
- Have a practical approach to working with tools, cleaning equipment.
- Hold a full, clean Driving licence.
- Be able to use a smartphone and radio to monitor incoming jobs and communicate across the team.
- Practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with the rest of the team, local businesses and visitors.
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers.
- Be fit and healthy with good mobility.
- Be polite and able to work well with others as part of a team.
- Be positive about Bath.
- Have demonstrable initiative and proactive approach to keep an eye out and report any issues to the BID team or authorities as appropriate.
No specific Ranger skills are required, but a willingness to learn is a necessity. Full training will be provided for the right candidate. Cleaning experience and maintenance skills across all trades (carpentry, plumbing, electrics) would be an advantage.
A full uniform will be provided, including safety equipment wherever necessary.
Bath BID Values
- Commitment to Excellence: a belief that everything we do must be of the highest standard and reflective of our vision to be the ‘go-to private sector organisation for enabling businesses in Bath to succeed’.
- Honest and Open: we will proactively engage with and listen to our partners seeking opinion and ensuring understanding of our ambitions and approach.
- Respect and Trust: all of our actions will demonstrate a respect for the views of others and the integrity of our approach. We will treat people and issue with fairness and equality at all times.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
All records will be held for a period of three months, after which time they will be disposed of unless there is a specific request from the applicant to store details.