As information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic is changing regularly, we want to keep you informed of the local and national support available to businesses.
- GOV.UK – COVID-19 Guidance and Support
- GOV.UK – Coronavirus Business Support
- GOV.UK – Business Coronavirus Support Finder
- GOV.UK – Managing Local Outbreaks
- GOV.UK – Five Steps to Working Safely
- Public Health England – Reporting an Outbreak
- Invest in Bath – Information for Businesses
- Bath & North East Somerset Website
- West of England Growth Hub
- Travelwest – Latest Travel Advice
- VisitEngland – Business Advice Hub
- HSE – Latest Information and Advice
- Small Business Leadership Programme
- Peer Networks
Free Online Workshops and Courses
Guidance on Working Safely During Coronavirus
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and contact centres
- Other people’s homes
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
- Shops and branches
Latest News and Updates
- The Government has released guidance on how pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, cinemas and other venues should prepare for the public rollout of the new NHS COVID-19 app. Venues are being urged to ensure they have NHS QR code posters visible on entry so customers who have downloaded the new NHS COVID-19 app can use their smartphones to easily check in.
- From Monday 14th September, people must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than six.
- From 18th September, it will be mandatory for certain businesses to have a system to collect NHS Test and Trace data, and keep this for 21 days.
- The Government has also published simplified COVID-19 secure guidance.
- The Government has recently announced a new £2 billion Kickstart Scheme to help create hundreds of six-month job placements for young people aged 16 to 24, who are currently claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. Applications to the scheme must be for a minimum of 30 job placements, but joint applications are accepted. If you would be interested in being part of a joint application, please get in touch with the BID so we can help to coordinate interest.
- As part of the Government’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, £300,000 of European Regional Development Funding has been released to support businesses in the West of England LEP area. Fully funded grants of between £1,000 and £3,000 are available to help mitigate some of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on eligible businesses. Applications for this funding will only be open until Monday 21st September.
- Updated guidance: From last Saturday, some remaining aspects of England’s culture, sport, leisure and business sectors were able to reopen. The Government has also announced a series of enforcement measures targeting the most serious breaches of social distancing restrictions.
- Updated guidance: The Government has updated the guidance to businesses in a number of issues, including facilitating indoor gatherings between multiple households, guidance on employees returning to work, and protecting vulnerable staff.
- The Government has announced a planned investment of £20 million to improve small businesses’ management, productivity and problem-solving skills through two training programmes. The first, a Small Business Leadership Programme, will focus on strengthening decision-makers’ leadership skills, whilst the second initiative, the Peer Networks Programme, will focus on helping business owners improve their problem-solving skills.
- Public Health England’s Reporting an Outbreak campaign communicates advice on how to respond to an outbreak of COVID-19 to individuals that own, manage or are responsible for businesses and organisations within the community, by identifying an outbreak of COVID-19, reporting the outbreak to your local health protection team, and working with your local health protection team to respond.
- The Government’s aim is to return life to as close to normal as possible, for as many people as possible, as fast and fairly as possible. And in a way that avoids a new epidemic, minimises lives lost and maximises health, economic and social outcomes. They have provided an overview of their approach to managing local outbreaks on their website.
- The Government have published the next steps in their COVID-19 recovery strategy, with details of how society and the economy will continue to be opened up and preparations for winter.
- You can find further guidance on face coverings on the Government website. This includes details of how to wear a face covering, exemptions, and how to make a face covering at home.
- The Chancellor delivered his Summer Economic Update in Parliament today, which outlined a package of measures to support jobs in every part of the country, give businesses the confidence to retain and hire, and provide people with the tools they need to get better jobs.