Join the Christmas bunting parade in Bath!
This festive season, Bath BID, in conjunction with Minuteman Press Bath, want to fill the city streets with beautiful pictures created by local people, inspiring everyone to rediscover the magic of Bath at Christmas.
Winning pictures and designs entered into the Bath at Christmas Art Competition will be reproduced as two-metre-long giant ‘bunting’ and displayed on lamppost pennants around the city centre, creating a rainbow of festive artwork designed by our community.
Entrants will be split into four categories – Under Tens, Under 21s, Over 21s and Businesses. We are encouraging businesses to submit a piece of artwork that represents their festive offering – a great teambuilding activity!
The pennants will be displayed from Monday 16th November until the end of December, with entries being accepted up to 9am on Monday 2nd November.
What to Do
Create a piece of art inspired by Bath at Christmas. Show us, through art, what Bath means to you and why you are excited for the festive season.
Your artwork will need to fit into a triangular shape – use one of our downloadable templates to help you find the layout that will work best for a transformation into our giant bunting:
If you decide to print out the template, remember to ‘shrink to fit’ the page for your A3 or A4 sheets.
You can use any format – collage, digital, watercolour, abstract or realistic. Whatever inspires you, and whatever you love about Bath at Christmas, can be interpreted in any style you wish. Please remember that the flags will be displayed high on the lampposts, viewed from some distance, so some detail may be lost to a street audience, and we want the banners to be cheerful, bright and welcoming.
Up to 24 entries, including four winners and four runners-up, will be chosen from those received by the deadline, and each design selected will be used at least once around the city. Our winners and runners-up will be voted for by the public on our social media channels.
We have four £25 and four £10 Bath Gift Card prizes for our winners, donated by The Bath Gift Card.
How to Enter
To enter, you can either email, post, or drop off your artwork. Entries should be received by 9am on Monday 2nd November.
If you are able to safely drop off or post a hard copy of your artwork, then please do, to: Minuteman Press, 45 Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BN.
Alternatively, email your artwork or a high resolution scan of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line ‘Bath at Christmas Art Competition’, and include your name, a contact phone number, and the category you are taking part in (Under Ten, Under 21, Over 21 or Business).
We will share a selection of the entries on the Bath BID website and via our social media channels.
If your submission makes the shortlist, we’ll be in touch with further details of where you can come and see it in the city centre.
- All entries must be received by 9am on Monday 2nd November.
- Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the organisers.
- If you entered a high resolution scan of a physical piece of artwork and you are later shortlisted, we may require the actual artwork from you, to create a high-quality image which can be reproduced on the pennants, so please hang onto the original, just in case.
- If you would like your artwork to be returned, please supply a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the correct postage and packaging.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- This competition is open to all Bath and North East Somerset residents or people who work in the city of Bath, of any age, regardless of profession or status.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath accept no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and up to 24 will be selected across the different age categories. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into. There will also be a selected winner and a selected runner-up in each category.
- The winners and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made. The winners’ names will be published online.
- Please note, hard copy entries cannot be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions for full details.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath reserve the right to refuse to display any entry sent in by anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Bath at Christmas Art Competition :
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- Full copyright title shall be retained by the author of any entry. By submitting any entry to this competition (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), you agree to grant Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and exercise all publicity rights with respect to your entry, and/or to incorporate your entry in other works, in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree the Bath BID and Minuteman Bath may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Bath (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the competition, except where it is caused by the negligence of Bath BID and Minuteman Bath, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify the Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath reserve the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the Bath BID website.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18, consent has been granted from a parent or guardian.