Join the Bunting Parade in Bath!
Please note, this competition has now closed. Click here to find out about Bath’s Bunting Parade.
As the city reopens, we want to encourage locals and visitors to rediscover all the wonderful things Bath has to offer. Bath BID, in conjunction with Bounce Back Bath and Minuteman Press, want to fill the city streets with beautiful pictures created by local people, inspiring everyone to ‘Rediscover Bath’. We will also be encouraging people to use the hashtag #RediscoverBath to show us all the things they love about the city.
Winning pictures and designs entered into the Bounce Back Bath Art Competition will be reproduced by Minuteman Press, as two-metre-long giant ‘bunting’ and displayed on lamppost pennants around the city centre, creating a rainbow of art made by our community.
As part of Bounce Back Bath, the pennants will be displayed from 30th July until the end of August, with entries being accepted up to 9am on Monday 20th July.
What to Do
Create a piece of art inspired by what you love about Bath. Show us, through art, what Bath means to you and why you are excited for the city to bounce back.
Your artwork will need to fit into a triangular shape – use one of our downloadable templates to help you find the layout that will work best for a transformation into our giant bunting:
If you decide to print out the template, remember to ‘shrink to fit’ the page for your A3 or A4 sheets.
You can use any format – collage, digital, watercolour, abstract or realistic. Whatever inspires you, and whatever you love about Bath, can be interpreted in any style you wish. Please remember that the flags will be displayed high on the lampposts, viewed from some distance, so some detail may be lost to a street audience, and we want the banners to be cheerful and bright to welcome people back to the city.
Up to 48 entries, including three winners and three runners-up, will be chosen from those received by the deadline, and each design selected will be used at least once around the city. Our winners and runners-up will be voted for by the public on our social media channels.
We have three £25 and three £10 Bath Gift Card prizes for our winners, donated by The Bath Gift Card.
How to Enter
To enter, you can either email, post, or drop off your artwork. Entries should be received by 9am on Monday 20th July.
If you are able to safely drop off or post a hard-copy of your artwork, then please do, to:
Minuteman Press, 45 Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BN
Alternatively, email your artwork or a photograph of your artwork to email@example.com.
Please use the subject line Bounce Back Bath Art Competition, and include your name, a contact phone number, and your age category (Under Ten, Under 21 or Over 21).
We will share a selection of the entries on the Bath BID website and via our social media channels.
If your submission makes the shortlist, we’ll be in touch with further details of where you can come and see it in the city centre.
- All entries must be received by 9am on Monday 20th July.
- Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the organisers.
- If you entered a photograph of a physical piece of artwork and you are later shortlisted, we may require the actual artwork from you, to create a high quality image which can be reproduced on the pennants, so please hang onto the original, just in case.
- If you would like your artwork to be returned, please supply a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the correct postage and packaging.
- If taking a photo of your artwork to send to us, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can result in distorted image colour/appearance.
- The Bath BID and Bounce Back Bath reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- This competition is open to all Bath and North East Somerset residents or people who work in the city of Bath, of any age, regardless of profession or status.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath accept no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and up to 48 will be selected across the different age categories. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into. There will also be a selected winner and a selected runner-up in each category.
- The winners and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made. The winners’ names will be published on the competition web-pages.
- Please note, hard copy entries cannot be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions for full details.
- The Bath BID and Minuteman Press Bath reserve the right to refuse to display any entry sent in by anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.