To ensure that the Bath BID adapts its services to levy payers it needs to be agile and able to respond to changing regional and national market conditions. The key factors affecting the Bath BID 2017-2021 are:-
- Devolution of funding and decision making to the Mayoral West of England Authority.
- Development of Bath Enterprise Zone
- Opening of four new hotels and a casino – Indigo/Apex/Travel Lodge/Z Hotel
- Commissioning of a Destination Management Plan for Bath.
- Sale of Bath Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases.
- High Court judgement in favour of the development of Bath Rec on 16.12.16.
- Retention of Business rates by local authorities
- Roll out of digital connectivity.
- B&NES Council election.