There are over 600 city centre levy payer businesses which pay an annual 1% contribution to the Bath BID, on a rateable value of £25,000 or more.
The Bath BID is run on behalf of business and focuses on three key priority areas.
- MANAGING: to support the management of the city centre, including the cleanliness, safety and general ambience.
- PROMOTING: to drive footfall through the delivery of high quality events, campaigns and new social media initiatives
- SAVING: to act as the collective voice to develop and procure services that deliver cost savings and carbon savings
A BID Levy Payer in Bath is a business located in the BID Area and has a rateable value of £25,000 or above.
If you are in a managed area (eg. SouthGate, Milsom Place) your BID levy will be 0.75% if your rateable value is £25,000 or above.
If you are an ecclesiastical building or you are below £25,000 rateable value, you are exempt from the levy.
Many businesses who do not have to pay the levy (ie. they are exempt because they are below the £25,000 rateable value) can still get involved and benefit from the services we offer. This includes:-
- FREE entry on the Bath app.
- The Trade Waste initiative.
- Support of the Ranger team – within the Bath BID area.
- One-stop shop for city centre enquiries.
- Weekly BID E-newsletter.
- Savings Group initiatives.
- Evening economy radio supply – where applicable.
- A special rate for an enhanced listing on Visitbath.co.uk.
- A collective voice in the business community to influence change.
- Public relations opportunities for your business through annual BID event/promotion initiatives.
- Networking opportunities through BID Forums etc.
- Participation in sub-groups.
- Affiliation with British BIDs.